Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hello Dear Friends, I can scarcely believe that my time is Tulsa is at an end. Even more difficult to believe is that my travels will soon be over. I am filled with memories and with anticipation. To think that I will be returning to one of my dear friends to take up permanent residence makes my pegs tingle!

But I am getting ahead of myself. I want to tell you about all we have been doing in Tulsa. We spent a most enjoyable day at the Philbrook Art Museum. The museum was built around the same time that "Hitty" was written. It is now a splendid museum with stunning gardens. Of special interest to me was the Egyptian exhibit. I even bought a necklace made in Egypt of beads similar to those found in some of the tombs.

The Vicarage Hitties are avid knitters and they have gifted me with a cozy little shawl knit from cashmere! It feels so luxurious. I admired some striped knitted dresses the girls were wearing and wouldn't you know it, Isabelle knit one for me.

Kathleen has added pictures in my travel album she tells me there are now over 140 pictures in my album, imagine! Be sure to look at the picture showing all the wonderful gifts that have been given to me during my travels. I hope I can still fit in the box with them!

Farewell dear friends. I wonder where my travels will take me next?? Fondly, Mehitabel
__________________________________________________________











Marcia and her Mom

were in a Gallery when we did the drawing. I went there yesterday to see what this gallery show was all about. It was mostly paintings and then I asked her about carvings and if wooden dolls qualify. Thats how the 'drawing' came about. Mom was with me and we were explaining to the curator about these Hitty dolls..she was facinated. And I told her mom had to draw a name for a winner of a
travel doll. Then she wanted to know what that was all about. Pretty soon there were three other ladies standing there listening... So mom said if you have the names ready I'll draw one... and I did.. so they all got to watch. One gal remembered reading Hitty.And mehitabel will be traveling to ............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... .Spiro, Oklahoma to be with her New Mom Wandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

No comments:

Post a Comment